Brand Ambassador FAQ
Your questions answered!
What is an IGK Brand Affiliate?
- Simply put, our IGK Army has helped us create an IGK movement, showing their love for the brand while getting free swag and cash along the way! Our IGK Brand Affiliates are outgoing individuals and professional stylists who are active in their communities. Oh, and they really love IGK and want to share it with everyone they know! By becoming an IGK Affiliate, you’ll get access to exclusive perks, cool content, plus an exclusive referral code that your friends, family, and followers can use to shop igkhair.com at 20% off their first purchase. And did we mention we’ll give you 15% commission on each sale you make?! To be an IGK Brand Affiliate, you must be active on Instagram with over 1K followers, and be over the age of 18. At this time we are currently accepting applications from US only.
What are the rules of the Brand Affiliate Program?
- Your participation in the Brand Affiliate Program is governed by the Program Terms and Policies which contains all of the rules of the program. Below are some answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the Brand Affiliate Program rules. These rules are very important so we hope that you will read through them carefully. 1. You must be 18 or older to participate 2. Please don’t comment with your Affiliate code on any IGK Hair social media posts or channels (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), even if you see another Affiliate doing it. 3. DO NOT add your Affiliate code to coupon sites, it’s cheating! We check these sites frequently. If we find your rep code added to one of these coupon sites, you will be notified immediately and this will be cause for REMOVAL from the Affiliate Program. 4. Don’t share the 50% off promotion single promotion we share with you when accepted into the program! This is specifically for you to use as a gift from our team so you can try or restock on any IGK products you’d like. Also, you don’t earn sales from it, so it’s not worth it. 5. Remember that the purpose of an IGK Brand Affiliate program is to bring new clients to the brand and help people get to know IGK! 6. Be kind and respectful to all other reps. 7. And most importantly, your Affiliate Code is automatically generated for you when you apply! Hint: The Coupon ID number you enter MUST be the number 20. If the system says that it is already taken then you may use a different code name that ends in 20. Make sure there are NO characters or spaces either!
When are Affiliate commissions paid out?
- We process affiliate commissions once a month at the middle of each month. So for example, if you made a sale anytime in January that qualifies for commissions, we will process your commissions in the middle of February. You will be emailed once your payout has been processed. You MUST make sure that your payment information & tax information is completed within Refersion. Otherwise, your commission payouts will NOT make it to you.
Can I change my Affiliate code?
- Unfortunately, the answer is no. This is company policy. All codes must end with the number 20. We do not accept names only, email addresses, made-up/inappropriate names, or business/store names. You will be disqualified during the application process immediately if we see this. A few exceptions would be: 1) If your name is legally changed (ex. you get married, divorced, we understand these changes happen!) 2) If you have multiple first names and/or last names (ex. Elizabeth Maria Gonzalez Garcia, we would suggest picking one when signing up or letting us know) 3) Your name is misspelled! We understand that some of you have longer or more difficult names, but this also what makes you unique! You can always share your shopping link instead, so it will automatically apply to your friends & family's orders! Again, you can use your shopping link, the Bitly link is a wonderful option for this. We hope you understand!
In what circumstances does my Affiliate code not work?
- Your physical Affiliate code will work on your friends and family’s first order only. Please note that you receive credit for the sale when your friends and family use your tracking link- so make sure they are aware of this!
What should I do if it looks like I am missing commission(s)?
- Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Make sure you include the date and any conversion ID numbers shown to give us a better idea of which sale may be missing from your account. Also, to make it a little bit easier, please include your Affiliate account email & PayPal email (if they’re different!) in the email.
What are the Brand Affiliate emails and when do I receive them?
- We periodically send out emails to keep you updated & informed on our latest and greatest! We also like to send from time to time unique IGK content that you can use freely on your social and online content. You’ll receive an email from the Affiliate program for these circumstances: 1. When you get accepted into the program! Make sure you hang onto this one for future reference as it will give you a detailed background on everything you need to know about getting started as an Affiliate. 2. Our monthly Affiliate email! This will include photos or important info. *Please note: this changes and will not always be the case, it mostly depends on launches and info we have to share with you guys! So if you don't get an email exactly once a month, don't worry!* 3. Payout notification emails! Keep an eye on these to ensure you’re receiving your commissions! * If you are having trouble receiving any of these emails, make sure you are checking the email account you have attached to your Affiliate account! If you still aren’t receiving them please reach out to us at: email@example.com
What is the affiliate shopping link?
- This is a feature of the program designed to track the sales and allows you to receive commissions! This link is located in your Affiliate account, right on the front page. You can copy the full link or even use the bitly (a shortened link) option provided below that. This link makes it easier to share your Affiliate code via social media or online. The link will take customers directly to the website and automatically will track your sales commissions to their order once a purchase is made! This will last up to 30 days. Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean your code is only active for 30 days. So whenever someone has clicked on your shopping link and goes back to the website in the next 30 days your code will still be added to their order.
Can my Affiliate code be used with other discount codes?
- Since our website only accepts one coupon code at a time, your Affiliate code cannot be combined with any other discount code at checkout. However, your shopping link and other discount codes can be combined so you will still receive commissions if a customer uses one of our onsite promo codes.
How do I track my sales and commission?
- Easy! Just login to your Affiliate account (https://igkhair.refersion.com/affiliate/login) with the email and password you created while signing up for the Affiliate Program. This will allow you to track your sales and the commission you earn. Just a reminder that your rep code is good for 20% off first purchase orders, and you’ll receive a 15% commission on each order placed through your shopping link. Side note: At this time, Refersion, our management system, doesn’t allow you to see who purchased using your code (just in case you were curious!).
Why is there a negative commission amount in my Affiliate account?
- Our system is now automatically adjusting for returned or canceled orders. If you see a negative balance inside your Affiliate account, this is because the payment was sent followed by a returned or canceled order.
How do I get paid for my sales?
- To make Affiliate payments as easy as possible, we pay Affiliate commissions via Paypal, a free service that’s super quick and easy to sign up for. Now to apply as a IGK Brand Affiliate, you are required to have a Paypal account. To get started, head to paypal.com to create your account. Without a PayPal account connected to your Affiliate account, we won’t be able to pay you commission. While applying for the Affiliate Program, you must fill out your PayPal email address in the field titled “PayPal Email Address”. Please know that this must be the email you use to log into your Paypal account, NOT your Paypal link. Unfortunately, that does not work with our system. Affiliate are paid at the beginning of each month, and you’ll receive an email as soon as commissions go out!
What if I don't want to be an IGK Affiliate anymore?
- If you no longer want to be an Affiliate, we totally understand! Sometimes it just doesn't work for you, but we will definitely miss you. Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know and we can process cancelling your account for you.
Do I need to meet a certain sales quota or amount?
- Not at all! The IGK Brand Affiliate Program is exactly what you make of it. We understand life can get busy and there may be times where you may be inactive or lower in sales. But, not to worry! Of course, those who do actively work towards more sales do tend to see higher commissions. Feel free to make as many (or as few) sales as you’d like.